The World Congress in Veterinary Dermatology was initiated by member organizations representing American, Canadian and European specialists in veterinary dermatology. More recently, organizations from Asia and Australasia have joined, making this a truly international event.
The 9th World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology
The Executive Organising Committee of the WCV9 has decided that in light of current global events, this will be the first World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology having an all virtual scientific program and commercial exhibition. We will deliver as much of the scientific content as feasible in an on-line format. This will ensure that delegates have an unrivalled opportunity to experience the best speakers in the world on a wide range of exciting dermatology topics. From the comfort and convenience of your home or office, join our virtual platform and be part of this superb international scientific program that will deliver the most recent scientific advances in veterinary dermatology.
Follow our website page for updates www.vetdermsydney.com
WCVD9 has been moved to an online format, will be available for 6 months time, and begins on October 20th, 2020
Online Format and Content
The aim of the WCVD is to provide something appropriate for everyone – from the molecular scientist working in the field to the newly qualified practitioner developing an interest in dermatology. There are:
- Multiple themes including state-of-the-art lectures with supporting in depth reviews, and supporting original studies allied to the same themes, and posters presenting new clinical and scientific data.
- Two extensive programmes of continuing education suitable for general practitioners (Dermatology in General Practice) as well as for those with a special interest in dermatology (Advanced Dermatology) are provided.
- Special themes including feline, equine, and wild and exotic animal dermatology, a cytology lab and a range of dermatopathology presentations for both practitioners and those more expert in the field.
- Nine, three-hour symposia are offered by the principal sponsors to all delegates, covering a wide range of relevant material.
- State-of-the-art interactive commercial exhibition within the three-dimensional virtual congress centre.
- Presentations will be made available as pre-recorded videos with written notes. Abstracts of the main theme presentations, posters and free communications will be available for free access in an online supplement of Veterinary Dermatology in October 2020, and the main themes will be published in full in a special issue of Veterinary Dermatology as Advances in Veterinary Dermatology 9 in 2021.
Three levels of registration are available allowing access to 1) the full programme, 2) the full range of continuing education sessions, or 3) essential continuing education for the general practitioner. Lectures in the essential CE programme will also be available in Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and Portuguese. Access for six months allows delegates to view all lectures as often as they wish within their chosen registration package.
A Brief History of the WCVD
Every four years the World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology is organised by one of the member organizations under the auspices of the WAVD, with the goal to be better and more successful than the predecessor. The first World Congress was held in Dijon, France (1989), attracting close to 600 delegates from 32 countries.
Click on the photo of each Congress to learn more.
Principle Sponsors of WCVD9
These organizations help support the mission of veterinary dermatology.