Founded in 1986, the Canadian Academy of Veterinary Dermatology (CAVD) promotes the advancement of Veterinary Dermatology with a singular united voice in Canada.
WHO WE ARE
A team of animal health professionals devoting a part of their professional activity to the practice, scientific research or teaching of the growing specialty of Veterinary Dermatology. We are dedicated to making our specialty more present in, and better known to Canadian society and the veterinary community at-large.
WHAT WE DO
• Assist in providing continuing education to general practitioners, veterinary students and animal health technicians, with the objective of continuously advancing the profession’s capabilities in dermatology
• Foster engagement between dermatology specialists and general practitioners
• Provide outreach to remote areas
• Fund research
• Offer financial support to cover a portion of expenses associated with attending the World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology (WCVD), which is held every four years
The CAVD disseminates scientific knowledge and news of value to the membership via a newsletter (The Bulletin) in both official languages of Canada.
WORLD CONGRESSES OF VETERINARY DERMATOLOGY IN CANADA
Along with France, Canada is one of only two countries that have hosted the World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology twice:
- 2nd World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology (WCVD2) in Montreal in 1992
- 7th World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology (WCVD7) in Vancouver in 2012
For more information, contact the Canadian Academy of Veterinary Dermatology.