The Association for Veterinary Dermatology, India (IAVD) was founded in December 2019. It comprises veterinarians and subject matter specialists, biomedical scientists and physicians in allied specialties who are interested in biology and diseases of animal skin, started with the aim of promoting education, research, and animal care.
The main objectives are:
- To work for the development of infrastructure for the advancement of Veterinary Dermatology in India
- To improve the standards of Veterinary Dermatology practice in India for veterinarians in collaboration with national and international bodies by providing proper continuing education, seminars, symposium, conference, hands on workshops and updating the latest findings, encouraging to attend international programmes in veterinary dermatology
- To create Indian College of Veterinary Dermatology Diplomats
- To identify the causes for veterinary dermatological problems in India and successful ways to solve them through Research, Education and Clinical practice and document/publish them after doing mutually beneficial collaborative research with the universities, veterinary centers, industries, and international organizations
- To create interest and awareness among veterinarians in dermatology which covers majority of our practice
For more information, contact the Association for Veterinary Dermatology, India (IAVD) at www.iavd.org.in.