Selection Criteria for The 11th World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology 2028
- The World Association for Veterinary Dermatology (WAVD) is now welcoming formal bids for the 11th World Congress of Veterinary Dermatology to be held in 2028.
- All bids will be assessed by an independent panel of experts. These will individuals (not necessarily veterinarians) with expertise in congress organization within the veterinary sector and who will have a good working knowledge of city venues and Congress Centres. None of these individuals will be involved or benefit from any of the bids should they be successful.
- All bids should be received by midnight (GMT) October 31st 2022 so they can be assessed by the independent panel which will compile a short list of three bids to be taken forward to the WAVD Administrative Committee (AC) meeting in December 2022. No bids will be considered after this deadline.
- The WAVD AC meeting in December will be held virtually and all finalists will be invited to send a representative(s) to present a 10-minute formal presentation to accompany their supporting paperwork.
- After the presentations the WAVD AC will feed back comments to the finalists and ask for points of clarification before making a final decision at their meeting in early March.
- Using the historic geographic rotation of previous World Congresses, higher consideration will be given to bids from Europe for this Congress. Any bid must be supported by the local member organization(s) of the WAVD. WAVD is happy to accept multiple bids from any region as long as they are supported, with the appropriate paperwork. However, that does not preclude consideration and selection of venues from other parts of the world. The goal is to hold the World Congress in locations where there is strong support for and the ability to advance the specialty globally, and organize a scientifically and financially successful meeting.
Please send all bids to:
Stephen D. White, DVM, DACVD Secretary